AREAS OF EMPHASIS AND PROFESSIONAL PROFILE
From the area of emphasis, the lines of research and their objectives, the Professional Master's Course in Literature quality teachers to:
- respond to advances in knowledge in the area of Literature, required for the competent performance of teaching in Basic Education;
- to position oneself intellectually in relation to the students’ linguistic realities, observing language their understanding of the world;
- to understand the functioning of the Portuguese language, both in grammatical and discursive perspectives, in order to promote their students’ effective linguistic competence, in oral and written modalities;
- to recognize language as a national identity affirmation factor;
- to have knowledge of the literary system and its collection, as well as studies on reading, to create proficient readers;
- to recognize national culture’s complexity and its importance in teaching, in order to propose actions that promote student participation in the society in which they are inserted more critically;
- to analyze and produce teaching materials for language and literature classes, considering the use of technology and open learning environments;
- to know the history and the contemporary conception of childhood, in order to critically analyze the cultural production for children and teenagers, observing their teaching possibilities.
- These same teachers should be able to commit themselves to an ethical stance in the face of challenges in the teaching profession, in public or private institutions, as well as in non-formal teaching spaces.