Field: Cultural Expressions and Processes
- To train investigators that, through the cooperation and the coordination among history, communication, literature and other art areas, are able to contribute to the interdisciplinary development of the scientific knowledge in the cultural context.
- To constitute an area of interdisciplinary knowledge that contributes to the production of knowledge and to the qualification of teaching practice;
- To promote training of teachers and other professionals who will be able to intervene positively in society due to their critical understanding of cultural expressions and processes and their resonance in the social environment ;To qualify researchers so that, by articulating methodological and theoretical matters, they can transfer concepts and innovative practices into specific areas.
Areas of Expertise and Professional Profile
- Respond to the advances of interdisciplinary knowledge demanded by our technological society that, nevertheless, cannot ignore the relevance of interrelations between Human Sciences and Social applied sciences, predominantly those concerning History, Communication and Languages.
- Recognize the complexity of cultural processes and manifestations and be able to present actions that are capable of fomenting the reconciliation and social interaction of individuals.
- Help individuals, groups and communities to become aware of the need to recognize, comprehend and value their cultural assets, both locally and regionally, through educational actions.
- Qualify the practices connected to journalism, advertisement, public relations, audiovisual production and cultural production so that these areas may attend to a higher level of critical acuteness respecting the multicultural aspects of our society.
- Act as a mediator between the community and the people responsible for policies addressed to cultural assets, with the intent of promoting the preservation of cultural manifestations and their access to the population.
These researchers must be able to commit themselves with an ethical conduct when facing the processes and cultural manifestations in their professional areas.